The Locations page allows permissioned users to view location information. Locations are crucial to the work order generation process: a contractor cannot be dispatched to a physical location until it is first configured as a Location in Service Automation.
How to access Locations:
- On the top navigation bar, click more ▾.
- Click Locations. The Locations page will appear.
Sections of the Locations page
The Locations page is divided into three sections, the list of locations and snapshots about a selected location:
- Locations List: By default, the first ten Locations appear, sorted by Location ID. You may use pagination (located on the bottom of the list) to view 20 or 50 Locations at a time.
- Location Snapshot: Displays the Location’s name, email, telephone number, and number of attachments.
- Location Notes Snapshot: Only the Location Note Headers with entered information display on this page. Empty Location Note Headers do not appear.
On the top-right of the page is Exclude Closed Locations. This is checked by default, so to hide closed locations from the list.
About the Locations List
You may sort and filter the Locations list, download the Locations list, or download the list of your assigned trades for each Location.
- Sorting or filtering the Locations list will help you find your Locations faster. This is especially helpful for contractors who service an extensive list of Locations. Pagination allows you to see either 10, 20 or 50 Locations at a time.
- Downloading the Location list or your assigned trades per Location gives you an Excel file of your assigned Locations.
On the top right of the Locations list is the sorter. By default the Locations list is sorted by Location ID. You may also sort by Location Name, District, Region, City and State. The arrow icon toggles the list to sort in ascending or descending order.
Dynamically Filtering Locations
You may dynamically filter the Locations list using criteria such as Subscriber (or Client), Region, and Trade. Dynamic filtering allows you to view only the information you need to see for the desired Location(s). You may filter using as many criteria as needed.
- Client criteria: Filter by Subscriber, or in other words, by the clients you serve.
- Location Attributes criteria: Filter by Location ID, Location Name, Region, District, City, State, Zip Code and/or Country.
- Location Open To/From criteria: Filter by the Open Date of the Location.
- Trade: Filter by the Trades you service for each Location.
An example of how dynamic filtering works:
You may filter the Locations list in any way, using as many criteria as necessary, to find the Location information that is relevant to you. An example is as follows:
Freddy, a contractor, wants to see which locations his HVAC business is assigned to in the NYC/LI District. Freddy will dynamically filter the list by District (NYC/LI) and Trade (HVAC) to see the list of locations. As illustrated below, there are 3 Locations where the contractor services HVAC work orders in the NYC/LI District.
You may clear individual filters or clear all filters at once:
- Clear individual filters by clicking the white X on the desired filter label(s). The remaining filters remain, and the locations list will reset with the remaining filters.
- Clear all filters by clicking the blue X towards the left of all filter labels.