The Preventive Maintenance module allows flexibility in how you want contractors to accept maintenance requests, how maintenance work orders are dispatched, how maintenance work orders are invoiced, and who is notified about maintenance services.
Once a PM service is set up, the following actions will occur:
- A work order will automatically generate for a scheduled PM service and load based on the frequency cycle it is set for.
- A dispatch email will be sent to the contractor, alerting them their PM work order has been generated in the system.
- The work order will display on the Dashboard Summary Calendar so that the service manager will be alerted that a PM service has been scheduled.
Typically, a PM Service is setup using the following workflow:
- Add a new PM Service.
- Add a Frequency and select contractor for the new service.
- Add Locations and corresponding pricing to the new service.
How to Add a New Preventive Maintenance Service:
- Navigate to more > PMs > PM Services. The list of PM Services currently in the system will display.
- Click Add New Service. Only add a new service if it does not currently exist in the system.
- Enter your desired information. The following fields are required (the descriptions for remaining fields are listed in About PM Module Terminology):
- Trade (require): Select the trade name (type of provider). Contractors are attached to each location and trade name.
- Category (required): Select the category you wish the work orders to load into. Best practice is to use “Maintenance” as the category. By selecting “Maintenance,” the work order will display on the Dashboard Summary Calendar with a red number (versus a blue number). A blue number indicates repairs and a red number indicates maintenance. The work order will also expire at the end of the length of work order.
- Priority (required): Select a priority name. For PM Services the priority is usually Scheduled, Contracted Services or 30 Days.
- Description (required): Enter the type of PM Service which will show on the work order to contractor. Example: HVAC PM Service, Fire Extinguisher PM, Pest Control Preventive Maintenance Service, etc. Best practice is to enter a brief description with type of service and to not enter Frequency or Service Provider in this area. The Frequency will be entered in the next step.
- Click Add New PM Service. The new service will display on the PM Services page.
Note: The locations column will display how many locations are attached to that PM Service so you can easily make sure all locations are accounted for. Once you click on the frequency it will break down how many locations are attached to each frequency.
How to Edit Existing Preventive Maintenance Services:
You can edit or deactivate existing PM Services from the Services List. This list will appear on the PM Services page and also on the PM Locations page when you have selected a Location.
Note: Whenever you make a change to PM Services, Locations or Frequencies, the changes will not affect work orders that have previously loaded.
- Navigate to more > PMs > PM Services.
- Click Edit in the Actions column for the PM Service you would like to modify.
- To edit a service, make your desired changes in the pop-up. Please see About PM Module Terminology for more information about each of the fields.
- Click Save.
How to Deactivate or Activate a Preventive Maintenance Service:
It is not possible to delete a service once entered into the system. If a PM Service is no longer needed, you can deactivate it. Services that have been deactivated can be activated and used again.
- Navigate to more > PMs > PM Services.
- Click Edit in the Actions column for the PM Service you would like to Deactivate or Activate. You may need to click the Inactive filter button to see those services that are not currently active.
- You can now deactivate or activate the service:
- To Deactivate a service: Click the red Deactivate button. The service will be immediately deactivated and the Services List will appear. You can click the Inactive filter button to verify it is no longer active.
- To Activate a service: Click the blue Activate button. The service will be immediately activated and the Services List will appear. The service will maintain any previous settings you set up before deactivating it. You can click the Active filter button to refresh the list and verify it is active.