At times, you may need to reassign a work order to a technician or sub-contractor, in case that person or company cannot work on a single, particular work order. In cases when you need to reassign a batch of work orders during a set period of time — such as during vacation or temporary illness or injury — use either automate or forward for technicians or automate for sub-contractors.
How to Reassign a single work order:
- Locate the technician or sub-contractor with the work order you wish to reassign, and then click the⌄(down chevron) icon. The Work Orders tab appears.
- Copy the desired work order number.
- Locate the desired technician or sub-contractor to whom you wish the work order to go, and then click the⌄(down chevron) icon. The Work Orders tab appears.
- Click Assign WO. The Assign WO to <technician/sub-contractor> appears.
- Paste the work order number into the Service ID, Tracking or WO # box.
- Click Assign. The work order is now associated to the new technician or sub-contractor, as indicated by the confirmation banner.
- On the original technician or sub-contractor, click the x to the left of the work order number. A confirmation banner appears indicating the disassociation.