New Site Audit users may need to become familiar with a few key scenarios and terms that will help you use the app more efficiently. Below are examples for illustrative purposes; your configuration may differ.
- Audit Type Name is the name of the audit that you wish to conduct (for example: “Semi-Annual Fire/Life Safety”, “Quarterly Loss Prevention”, or “Branding”). Audit Type Names that appear in SC Mobile are configured by your ServiceChannel system administrator.
- Areas are typically a specific region at each location the auditor can inspect (for example: “Exterior”, “Interior”, “Back of House” or “Front of House”). Areas are configured by your administrator.
- Checklists typically determine your focus, and are often a specific section of an Area (for example: “Building”, “Parking Lot”, “Kitchen”, “Office” or “Restroom”). Checklists are containers which house Checklist Items (or rather, the specific auditing tasks). Your ServiceChannel system administrator has configured common Checklists, but you may also add your own Checklists for each location, when necessary.
- Checklist Items pinpoint exactly what to inspect and rate from each Checklist (for example: “Signage”, “Emergency Lighting”, “Security Cameras”, “Flooring” or “Doors”). Checklist Items may be configured with instructions and guidance on how to effectively assess these items. Each Checklist you add to the audit comes with Checklist Items defined by your ServiceChannel system administrator. However, you may add also your own Checklist Items for each location, when necessary.
- Rating is a score that you give on Checklist Items during the course of an audit that reflects the condition of each asset. Ratings are either Pass/Fail or Numeric (1-5). Ratings are configured by your administrator.