An open work order is one that has not been completed by the service provider. These work orders are in either the Open or In Progress status.
From the Open Work Orders page you can:
- View the work order count summary for each day/week/month in the Calendar view.
- Review open work orders for both Planned Maintenance Services and Requested Repairs.
- View the status of work orders, by using the color coding and the legend at the bottom of the screen.
- Determine if a service provider accepted a work order, based on whether the work order is in open or in progress status.
- Review notes, and add notes and attachments to appropriate work orders.
How to View Open Work Orders
- In Dashboard 2.0, click the Open Work Orders tab. The Open Work Orders list appears, with the calendar view selected by default, displaying the summary of work orders for the current week.
From this view, you may switch to the List view to view the list of all work orders.
Calendar and List Views
In both the Calendar and List views, information can be filtered by work order type:
- All Scheduled Work Orders: displays both planned and repair services.
- Reactive Work Orders: displays repair work orders only.
- Planned Maintenance: displays scheduled planned maintenance work orders only.
You may use the navigation arrows next to the displayed time period at the top-middle section under the tabs to view the previous or next day, week, and month.
Switching between Calendar and List Views
You may switch between the Calendar and List views to view the summary or the list of all work orders, respectively.
How to Switch between Calendar and List Views
- In the top-right corner of the Open Work Orders page, click either Calendar or List. Details of open work orders display in the selected view.
In the Calendar view, summary of work orders displays as below:
- Month: Summary of work order count per day for the entire month.
- Week: Summary of work order count per day for the current week (Sunday to Saturday) as well as the list of work orders for today.
Clicking on any other day in the week’s calendar above displays the work orders for the selected date.
- Day: Summary of work order count per day for one week from today as well as the list of work orders for today. Click on a date to view work order count for one week from that day and list of work orders for the selected date.
- Today: Summary of work order count in the calendar for the current week (starting today) as well as the list of work orders for today.
In the List view, the list of work orders appears without the calendar preview of work orders for the week/month.
The following information is available in the work order list, from the left column to the right:
- Scheduled date and whether it is a repair or planned maintenance work; repair work orders have a wrench icon and maintenance work orders a clock icon. This column is also color-coded based on the status of the work order. Refer to the legend at the bottom of the table to identify each work order status by color.
- Tracking number.
- Priority and work order status.
- Problem description, followed by the name of the assigned service provider.
Reviewing and Adding Notes/Attachments to Work Orders
See Viewing and Adding Notes to Work Orders for more information on how to add notes and attachments to open work orders.