On the Invoices List page you may view invoices submitted to you by your service providers. Through this list you will have transparency with the invoice processing cycle, so you will know which invoices are open, approved, placed on hold, rejected, and paid.
How to View the Invoice List:
- On the top navigation bar, click Invoices. The Invoice List appears.
By default the Invoice List displays all submitted invoices in all invoice statuses. There are two main features: Filter By and Search For.
- Filter By: Filters along the top of the page allow you to list invoices by invoice status. Along the side, you may filter by other data, such as invoice date, invoice amount, location, trade, provider, status, and work order priority.
- Search For: You may also search for invoices based on invoice number, tracking number, work order number, batch number, and approval code.
On the invoice list you will see an overview of the invoice details, including the invoice number and amount; invoice status and date; trade, provider, and location the work was done; number of attachments; and the work order number. The status of the Invoice appears listed on the invoice as well as a colorized bar across the top of the invoice.
To the right of each invoice is the Actions button, where you can take actions on one invoice. You may also take actions on multiple invoices at once. See Taking Action on Invoices, below.
As a facility operator you may take action on a single invoice, multiple invoices, or all invoices at once.
Taking Action on a Single Invoice
To the right of each invoice is the Actions button. This allows you to take the appropriate action for that specific invoice:
- Open: By default, all invoices are in the Open status when submitted. Should you need to place it On Hold, you may put it back to the Open status at a later time.
- Approve: The invoice is accepted and can move forward for payment.
- On Hold: The invoice requires further review before being approved or rejected.
- Reject: The invoice costs and/or details are not agreed upon. May require the service provider to resubmit the invoice.
How to take action on a single Invoice:
- Locate the desired invoice and click Actions. The dialog box will appear.
- Click the desired action, and then click OK. The selected invoice will change to the chosen status.
Taking Action on Multiple Invoices
To the left of each invoice is a checkbox, which allows you to check the individual invoices on which you want to take action.
On the top of the list, a checkbox left of the number of invoices listed allows you to take action on all invoices. On the bottom of the page, you will see a blue bar with the actions you can take, and the number of invoices on which you can take that action next to each action.
How to take action on multiple Invoices or All Invoices:
- Check the box next to the desired invoices, or check the box on the top to select all invoices.
- On the bottom of the screen, click the desired Action. The action overlay will appear.
- Confirm your desired choice, and then click OK. The invoices will change to the selected status.
- Invoice Status: Along the top of the Invoice List you will see all Invoice Statuses. Click any of the statuses to see all invoices in that status. To filter by multiple statuses, use the Status filter on the left side of the page.
- Open: The invoice has been submitted by a contractor and is awaiting review by the client.
- On Hold: The invoice has be reviewed by the client but requires further review before further action is taken.
- Rejected: The client denied the invoice. The contractor may need to resubmit the invoice after discussion with the client.
- Approved: The invoice has been reviewed and accepted by the client.
- Paid: (For clients using ServiceChannel's Payment Manager module) The invoice has been paid by the client. (Note: Clients who do not use ServiceChannel's Payment Manager will not have invoices appear as 'Paid' in Service Automation.)
- Reviewed: When a client has multiple levels of invoice approvers an invoice will remain in this status from the time the first person approves the invoice until the final person approves or rejects the invoice.
- Disputed: (For clients using ServiceChannel Tax Validation) On the invoice, the entered tax does not match system validation.
- Date: You may filter invoices by the following date types, using either the past month, past 3 months, past year, or custom dates.
- Invoice Date
- Action Date
- Posted Date
- Paid Date
- Call Date
- Audit Date
- Approval Date
- Transferred Date
- Attachments: Use the appropriate checkboxes to filter invoices that either do or do not have attachments.
- With IVR or Mobile Check-In: Use this checkbox to filter invoices where technicians checked into the work order using either IVR or GPS Mobile.
- Starred: Use this checkbox to filter all invoices that were marked with a star.
- Exclude invoices: Use the appropriate checkboxes to exclude $0 invoices and transferred invoices.
- Amount: This filter gives you the option view invoices within a certain currency amount range.
- Location: You may list invoices by any of the following Location details:
- Location ID
- Location Name
- Trade: Use this filter to drill down into invoices specific to your Trades. You may select as many Trades as needed to add to the filter.
- Provider: Use this filter to list into invoices specific to a specific service provider. You can only view one provider at a time using this filter.
- Priority: You may list invoices specific to a certain work order priority, as determined by the Priorities list in the Admin module.
Once selecting the appropriate filters, you may save the filter set so you can retrieve those invoices without going through the process again.
You may also edit the filter to refine the criteria, as needed.
How to save a filter:
- On the left panel, select the appropriate filters to view the necessary invoices.
- On the bottom of the panel click Save Current Filter.
- Enter a name. Note: Use only letters, numbers, and dashes. Do not use special characters like &, *, $, or #.
- Click Save Filter. The filter will save, and the name will display in the first drop-down menu on the top of the left panel.
How to edit a filter:
- On the bottom of the left panel click Edit Filters.
- Select the desired saved filter, and then click OK.
- Edit any criteria, as needed.
- On the bottom of the left panel click Save Current Filter.
- Leave the current name, and then click Update Existing Filter. The filter criteria will update with the latest edits.
At anytime you may clear all filters selected on the Invoice List. This resets the Invoice List back to the default settings.
How to clear filters:
- On the bottom of the left panel, click Clear All Filters. All filters will reset to the default settings.
In the Invoice List you may also search for specific invoices by the following criteria:
- Invoice number
- Tracking number
- Work Order (WO) number
- Batch number
- Approval code