Each work order has a status that indicates where it resides in its lifecycle. You can monitor, review, and take appropriate actions on a work order based on its status. There are 3 main statuses: Open, In Progress, and Completed.
Alongside the main statuses are Extended Statuses which provide more details about the stage of each work order. This is depicted as Main Status/Extended Status. Take In Progress/Parts on Order as an example. The main status is In Progress and the extended status is Parts on Order. This tells you that the work order is still being worked on by the Provider, who is waiting for parts. Other examples are Completed/Pending Confirmation (which indicates that the Provider is finished work but the Location user has to provide feedback) or Completed/Invoiced (which indicates that the work is done and the Provider sent an invoice).
Each work order is color-coded so to give a visual cue of the status.
The below illustrates typical work order statuses alongside the work order life cycle:
The below lists the typical work order statuses and extended statuses configured in the system.
Note: Your system configuration may include other extended status beyond what is listed.
- Open: A work order was generated within Service Automation, but was not yet accepted by a service provider.
- In Progress: The work order was accepted, and the service provider is actively working on the project.
- In Progress/Dispatch Confirmed: The service provider assigned to your open work order has accepted the work order.
- In Progress/On Site: The service provider has arrived at the location.
- In Progress/Parts On Order: The service provider has indicated that additional parts are needed to complete the job.
- In Progress/Incomplete: The service provider has indicated that the job needs further follow-up.
- In Progress/Unsatisfactory: The service provider has completed the job, but a Location User or Facility Manager has deemed the work not acceptable.
- In Progress/Waiting for Quote: Additional parts or labor is needed, so a service provider has submitted a price quote for the additional resources.
- In Progress/Waiting for Approval: The service provider or ServiceChannel administrator has generated a proposal against the work order, but it is not yet approved.
- In Progress/Proposal Approved: A proposal against the work order was approved.
- Completed: The service provider has completed the work as described in the work order, and can generate an invoice.
- Completed/Confirmed: Equivalent to the Completed status - the service provider has completed the work order and can generate an invoice.
- Completed/Pending Confirmation: The service provider has completed the work, but a Location User or Facility Manager must provide satisfactory feedback on services before the work order is deemed Completed/Confirmed. Note: Pending Confirmation only appears if your system is configured to provide feedback.
- Completed/Cancelled: The work order was withdrawn with no further services needed.
- Completed/No Charge: The work order was completed with no service fees incurred.
- Completed/Invoiced: The service provider has submitted the invoice for payment. Note: Invoices also have statuses, not to be confused with work order statuses.