Depending on your permissions, you may reassign a work order to a different provider, such as when the assigned service provider cannot make the estimated time of arrival (ETA), or when the provider does not service the trade.
When you reassign a work order, the new service provider receives the service request email and the original service provider receives a cancellation email.
How to Reassign a Work Order
- On the Work Order search results page, click Reassign next to the desired work order. Alternately, in the Edit <Work Order #> window, select Open & Reassign in the Status drop-down list.The Reassign <Work Order #> overlay appears, as an overlay on top of the Edit <Work Order #> screen.
- (Optional) Modify the scheduled date and time.
- Select the appropriate Reason for Reassignment.
- (Optional) Enter a Note describing the reason for the reassignment.
- (Optional) Modify the Problem Description:
- Click the Edit button next to Problem Description.
- Select the Area, Problem Type, Asset Type, Problem Code, as desired.
- Enter the new Problem Description.
- Click Save.
- (Optional) Update the Category, Priority, or Trade, as desired.
- (Optional) Update the NTE and GL Code.
- Select the New Provider. The email of the selected provider lists in the Request will be sent to and Send a copy to fields.
- (Optional) Enter desired email(s) in the Request will be sent to field.
- (Optional) Enter desired email(s) in the Send a copy to field.
- Click Reassign this Work Order. The confirmation page appears, noting on the top that the work order was reassigned to the new provider. A note gets added to the work order with the details of the reassignment.