Depending on your permissions, you may reassign a work order to a different service provider, such as when the assigned service provider cannot make the estimated time of arrival (ETA), or when the provider does not service the trade. In case a desired alternate service provider is not available, from the detailed view of a work order, you may also assign a new service provider to the corresponding trade and location, and reassign the work order to the new provider.
When you reassign a work order, the new service provider receives the service request email and the original service provider receives a cancellation email.
Reassigning a Work Order to a Service Provider Already Assigned to the Trade and Location
You may reassign a work order to a service provider already assigned to the corresponding trade and location from:
- The list view
- The detailed view of a work order, and
- The Edit Work Order window, from here you may assign a new service provider to the trade/location associated with the work order and reassign the work order. See Assigning a New Service Provider to a Trade/Location Associated with a Work Order for more information.
- Select Reassign from one of the three pages:
- In the work order list view, click Reassign.
- In the Edit window, select Open & Reassign in the Status drop-down list.
- In the detailed view of the desired work order, open the Reassign drop-down, and select the desired service provider.
- (Optional) Modify the scheduled date and time.
- Select the appropriate Reason for Reassignment.
- (Optional) Enter a Note describing the reason for the reassignment.
- (Optional) Modify the Problem Description:
- Click the Edit button next to Problem Description.
- Select the Area, Problem Type, Asset Type, Problem Code, as desired.
- Enter the new Problem Description.
- Click Save.
- (Optional) Update the Category, Priority, or Trade, as desired.
- (Optional) Update the NTE.
- (Optional) Check Yes, This is a Recall from Tracking #, and enter the tracking number in the box that appears.
- (Optional) Update the GL Code.
- Select the New Provider. The email of the selected provider lists in the Request will be sent to and Send a copy to fields.
- (Optional) Enter the desired email(s) in the Request will be sent to field.
- (Optional) Enter the desired email(s) in the Send a copy to field.
- Click Reassign this Work Order. A confirmation message appears at the top of the screen, noting that the work order was reassigned to the new provider. A note gets added to the work order with the details of the reassignment.
Power users may assign a new service provider to the trade and location associated with a work order. This is especially useful when no alternate service providers are available to reassign a work order.
The Reassign combo button in the Work Order Details view lists the service providers available for reassigning the work order and allows assigning a new service provider.
How to Assign a New Service Provider to a Trade/Location Associated with a Work Order
- In the detailed view of the work order, click the arrow in the right part of the Reassign (# Providers available) button. The service provider list appears, with the Assign Provider option listed.
- Click Assign Provider. The <Trade> for Location <#> pop-up window appears, listing the assigned service providers and their corresponding ranks.
- In the Rank drop-down at the bottom of the pop-up, select the desired rank for the new service provider, and select the new provider from the Select provider list.
- Click Add > Save. The new service provider is added to the list of available providers. You may now reassign the work order to the newly added service provider.