A work order is a ticket that is dispatched to a service provider to perform repair or maintenance services. Generally, the work order details what the issue is, where the issue is, and when to go to a location, as well as the maximum cost allowed. In FTM Mobile you may create work orders that are dispatched to either internal or external providers.
How to Create a Work Order:
- On the work orders list page, tap Create. The Create Work Order page appears.
- Tap the desired location.
- Tap the drop-down menus to choose the appropriate Area, Problem Type, Asset Type, and Problem Code where the problem is occurring.
- Tap Next.
- Should the Check for Duplicates page appear, this means a work order was already entered for the issue you are currently creating. Tap the Work Order to review the details.
- (When the issue is a duplicate) Tap the back arrow and then tap Cancel WO. The work order is not created; you are returned to the work order list for that location.
- (When the issue is NOT a duplicate) Tap Next.
- (Where applicable) Answer any Interactive Troubleshooting questions you encounter to assist in detailing the issue.
Note: Should a Message appear, you cannot continue with entering the work order. Follow the instructions on the screen, where applicable, and tap Cancel WO.
Note: Be very careful to review the photo you are appending to the work order. Once the work order with the photo is sent, it can only be removed by a user with administrative rights.
Note: Work orders assigned to your internal technician team will appear under the All in my Area list.