Field Tech Manager is a field service management module that allows clients with internal technicians to manage internal work orders. This is beneficial for clients who have internal technicians who perform general maintenance duties for locations or sites. With Field Tech Manager, you can assign work orders to internal technicians, and those technicians can both manage work orders and reassign work orders to external service providers when necessary.
With Field Tech Manager you can:
- have transparent and efficient management of internal technicians with greater visibility;
- ensure adherence to SLAs by internal technicians;
- accurately track time and costs of work orders handled by internal technicians; and
- track productivity of your internal technicians.
Technicians use the ServiceChannel Field Tech Manager mobile app to view assigned work orders, log time against those work orders and update the work order details.
Note: Field Tech Manager is available with the Service Automation Professional Package. Contact your ServiceChannel representative for more information.
The Field Tech Manager solution utilizes two applications alongside Service Automation:
- WorkForce for FTM: allows you to manage individual internal technicians and work orders assigned to your internal technician team; and
- Field Tech Manager: a mobile app designed for your internal technicians to manage work orders.
Field Tech Manager Mobile Connectivity Requirements
Wi-Fi or Cellular Data
You need an Internet connection (either through Wi-Fi or cellular data) to fully use all features of Field Tech Manager.
Your device’s Location Services option allows permissioned apps to locate you via GPS. Location Services is necessary for checking in and out of work orders, and to list the Locations closest to you.
- While Location Services is turned on: The Location List View will sort your assigned locations by distance closest to you, and your current location will be pinpointed in Map View. Also, you are able to check in and out of work orders.
- While Location Services is turned off: The Location List View will sort your assigned locations by Location ID, and Map View will display an overall world view of your assigned locations. You are not able to check in and out of work orders with Location Services turned off.
Field Tech Manager does not use Location Services while you are logged out of the app.
Camera and Photos/Videos Access
You have the ability to take photos/videos of issues and attach them to work orders. Your mobile device may ask for permission to access your camera and/or photos/videos for the sole purpose of taking and attaching photos/videos related to these actions.