Site Access is technology that provides transparency between locations and provider technicians. Location Users know exactly which service technicians are arriving on site, when they are arriving, and which services they will perform. Locations will also have the knowledge and security that technicians were previously verified as a trusted business partners.
Using the Badge module within the ServiceChannel Mobile app (or SC Mobile) you can:
- view a list of service providers scheduled to arrive at your location within the next 24 hours
- view a list of providers who have accessed your location within the past 12 hours
- scan a provider’s badge to verify identity and time of entry
- Issue temporary badges for unexpected service providers or visitors
- communicate with on-site technicians in case of emergencies
Note: Refer to the SC Mobile knowledge base to learn how to use the rest of the app.
How to access Badges:
- Search for and download “ServiceChannel” in the App Store (Apple iOS) or the Play Store (Android).
- Tap the SC Mobile icon on your device to launch the app. The Login page appears.
- Under the User Name tab, enter your ServiceChannel username and password.
- To login with Single Sign On using a Mobile Access Code: Tap the Access Code tab, and then enter your Mobile Access Code.
- Tap Done (on the keypad) or Login (on the screen). The Home page appears.
- Tap Badges.
- (For users with one location) The Scheduled list of technicians appears.
- (For users with multiple locations) Tap a Location to view the Scheduled list of technicians.
SC Mobile Connectivity Requirements
Wi-Fi or Cellular Data
You need an Internet connection (either through Wi-Fi or cellular data) to do the following:
- login to the SC Mobile app
- select a Location
- create Work Orders
- review and scan Site Access badges
Your device’s Location Services option allows permissioned apps to locate you via GPS. SC Mobile uses Location Services to list your Locations that are closest to you.
- While Location Services is turned on: The Location List View will sort your assigned locations by distance closest to you, and your current location will be pinpointed in Map View.
- While Location Services is turned off: The Location List View will sort your assigned locations by Location ID, and Map View will display an overall world view of your assigned locations.
SC Mobile does not use Location Services while you are logged out of the app.
Camera and Photos Access
You have the ability to take photos of issues and attach them to work orders. Your mobile device may ask for permission to access your camera and/or photos for the sole purpose of taking and attaching photos related to these actions.