Responding to information such as proposals is typically a “gut feel” exercise that often involves multiple people across the organization to help make decisions. It also takes time and massive effort to research historical data to determine if you are, indeed, taking the right approach. Over time, you may be increasing spend without having insight on transparent data to help reduce cost and time.
Imagine that you could harness years of hidden data — or “dark data” — and past decisions to help you make future decisions with more confidence: data that is “predictively” analyzed to give you actionable intelligence such as whether to approve or reject a proposal. Instead of days — or even weeks — in meetings or doing research, you can take action within minutes…even seconds.
Decision Engine is an analytical tool that harnesses your historical data to influence future decision-making results. It takes data already in your Service Automation instance — your operational data points (such as trade, category, price, and provider compliance and performance, for example), your historical data, and your past decisions — and uses advanced machine learning to give you confidence-based recommendations along with supporting intelligence. Then, based on your actions, Decision Engine will adapt to help refine future recommendations.
With Decision Engine you can:
- improve decision quality and consistency by using historical patterns as well as supporting intelligence to augment your experience and expertise;
- spend less time researching, discussing, contesting and verifying which actions to take; and
- reduce spend by making better decisions.
The final decision, of course, is yours. Think of Decision Engine as augmented reality, and your historical data is behind a closed door. Decision Engine analyzes what is happening behind the door, and then recommends whether you should or should not open the door. Ultimately, you decide whether to open the door. Then, Decision Engine learns what types of doors you like to open or close and adapts to your behavior, affecting future recommendations.
Using Decision Engine
Decision Engine is available for:
- Proposal Manager in both Service Automation and SC Mobile. Along with your expertise, Decision Engine with Supporting Intelligence and Asset Intelligence helps you make better decisions as you approve and reject proposals. When rejecting proposals, you can use the data presented in Decision Engine’s supporting information to relay to the provider the reason for rejection, giving targeted guidance to help them resubmit the proposal. See Taking Action on Proposals with Decision Engine for more information.
- Invoice Manager in Service Automation. Decision Engine provides Invoice Intelligence and Asset Intelligence to help you approve or reject invoices in less time. See Using Invoice Intelligence to Review Invoices and Using Decision Engine to Review Service Automation Invoices with Asset Intelligence for more information.