Imagine you are about to go on a flight: you have purchased your airline tickets for a specific flight on a specific date and time. Your boarding pass allows you access past the security gates and onto that flight. You may even use your mobile phone to manage your boarding passes. You also feel safe knowing that everyone on your flight has the same boarding pass as you and will go through the same security as you.
JobSite is a mobile web app that allows you to effectively manage work orders while ensuring on-site compliance at locations. For each work order you have to generate a badge (or “boarding passes”) that will grant you access to customer locations (or “flights”).
JobSite is part of the Site Access module, which offers on-site efficiency, compliance and security for both you and your clients. It assures security — while also helping you feel secure — while you are on-site.
Note: JobSite is optimized for the mobile smartphone, however you may use any hand-held device (phone or tablet) or computer (desktop or laptop) that connects to the Internet.
In JobSite you can:
- create a profile that is linked to your service providers who use the ServiceChannel application
- manage work orders assigned through ServiceChannel application
- manage Site Access badges associated with your assigned work orders
Note: Your employer may elect to run a background check using your personal information listed in JobSite. Note that we are very serious about your privacy: ServiceChannel cannot access, read or store any of your background information in our systems.
- Accessing JobSite for the first time: Your employer invites you to JobSite through an email invitation. Follow these steps to access JobSite and complete your profile.
- Logging into JobSite after creating a profile: After you have created a profile you no longer need to use the email invitation. Simply log in to jobsite.servicechannel.com. Follow these steps to log into JobSite.
SC Mobile Connectivity Requirements
Wi-Fi or Cellular Data
You need an Internet connection (either through Wi-Fi or cellular data) to use JobSite. JobSite does not allow offline access.
Your device’s Location Services option allows permissioned apps to locate you via GPS. JobSite uses Location Services to check you into work orders, based on your proximity to the location.
JobSite does not use Location Services while you are not using the app.
Camera and Photos Access
You have the ability to take photos of issues and attach them to work orders. Your mobile device may ask for permission to access your camera and/or photos for the sole purpose of taking and attaching photos related to these actions.