The ServiceChannel Mobile app (or SC Mobile) is used to add, modify, and view work orders and proposals across all locations for which you have access. Using SC Mobile is beneficial because it helps you take proactive measures faster without the use of a computer or laptop. SC Mobile in your pocket means giving more detailed information — such as problem descriptions, photos, and notes — on the fly, and getting the information to service providers and your internal facilities team almost as soon as the issue arises.
SC Mobile interchanges with Service Automation and the Dashboard. Both maintains and retains all statuses, photos, notes, and relevant data.
Depending on your access you may also take action on proposals, run site audits and control service provider access to your locations.
The SC Mobile app is available on both Apple iOS and Android devices.
Most users will see Locations, Search, and WOs (Work Orders) on the home page of the SC Mobile app, as illustrated in red in the below image. Permissioned users will also see Proposals, Audits, and Badges, as illustrated in blue.
Note: Contact your ServiceChannel system administrator for access to SC Mobile.
How to access Site Audit Mobile:
- Search for and download “ServiceChannel” in the App Store (Apple iOS) or the Play Store (Android).
- Tap the SC Mobile icon on your device to launch the app. The Login page appears.
- Under the User Name tab, enter your ServiceChannel username and password.
- To login with Single Sign On using a Mobile Access Code: Tap the Access Code tab, and then enter your Mobile Access Code.
- Tap Done (on the keypad) or Login (on the screen). The Home page appears.
SC Mobile Connectivity Requirements
Wi-Fi or Cellular Data
You need an Internet connection (either through Wi-Fi or cellular data) to do the following:
- login to the SC Mobile app
- select a Location
- create Work Orders
- review Proposals (in the Proposals module)
- upload Site Audit results (in the Audit module)
- review and scan Badges (in the Site Access Badges module)
Your device’s Location Services option allows permissioned apps to locate you via GPS. SC Mobile uses Location Services to list your Locations that are closest to you.
- While Location Services is turned on: The Location List View will sort your assigned locations by distance closest to you, and your current location will be pinpointed in Map View.
- While Location Services is turned off: The Location List View will sort your assigned locations by Location ID, and Map View will display an overall world view of your assigned locations.
SC Mobile does not use Location Services while you are logged out of the app.
Camera and Photos Access
You have the ability to take photos of issues and attach them to work orders and audits. Your mobile device may ask for permission to access your camera and/or photos for the sole purpose of taking and attaching photos related to these actions.