Conducting an audit requires you to rate the conditions of each checklist item. You may also place comments and media files to support your ratings and enter work orders for more serious infractions. While conducting an audit, you may:
- view the number of checklist items to audit for each checklist;
- rate checklist items with either a Pass/Fail or numeric (1-5) system;
- add comments, photos, and videos to support your rating;
- enter work orders to repair or replace assets, when warranted;
- enter the quantity or the dollar amount of the items audited;
- view checklist item ratings from previous audits; and
- send site audit results to the specified email addresses when the audit is completed.
Once you have conducted your audit, you must upload the audit data. Upon upload, all ratings, comments, work orders, and quantities are sent to Site Planning Manager - Reports in Service Automation for reporting purposes.
The information below will walk you through navigating the screens to conduct an audit. Become familiar with the details of audit pages before going through these steps.
How to Conduct an Audit
- On the Areas and Checklists page of the Audits section, locate and tap the checklist corresponding to the place that you wish to inspect. The Checklist Items page appears.
- Locate the appropriate checklist item corresponding to the item that you wish to audit.
- Tap the blue dots to the left of a checklist item to cycle through and select the appropriate rating or mark the item as N/A.
- (Optional) Tap the blue arrow to the right of a checklist item to navigate to the Audit page.
- Tap Instructions for guidance on how to inspect and rate the item.
- Tap the controls on the Ratings bar to modify the rating or mark the item as N/A.
- Add a comment, attachment, work order, or quantity. See instructions below.
- Tap the back arrow in the upper-left corner of the screen to go back to the Checklist Items page.
- Repeat steps 2–4 to rate all items, and then tap the back arrow to go to the Areas and Checklists page.
- Complete all checklists following the instructions above.
- (Optional) Select Send Audit To should you need to send the audit results by email. Tap the text field, edit the list of email addresses, and then tap Save.
- Tap Upload on the top of the screen. All checklist items will upload into the system, including comments, photos, videos, work orders, and quantities.
How to Add a Comment to the Checklist Item
- On the Audit page of the desired checklist item, tap Add Comments.
- Provide a descriptive note discussing your rating or notes for future audits.
- (Optional) Tap Add Attachment to take a photo or video. You can also choose an existing photo or video from your device's media files library.
- Next to Show in Next Audit?, tap the toggle to Yes if you want to keep this comment for future audits. If you want this comment to appear only for the current audit, tap the toggle to No.
- Tap Proceed. The comment is added to the checklist item.
How to Add an Attachment to the Checklist Item
- On the Audit page of the desired checklist item, tap Add Attachments.
- Take a photo or video. You can also choose an existing photo or video from your device's media files library.
- (Optional) In the text field, enter a comment about the attachment.
- Next to Show in Next Audit?, tap the toggle to Yes to have the attachment appear to inspectors during future audits. If you want the attachment to appear only for the current audit, tap the toggle to No.
- Tap Proceed. The attachment is added to the checklist item.
How to Add a Work Order to the Checklist Item
- On the Audit page of the desired checklist item, tap Add WO.
- Select the appropriate area, problem type, asset type, problem code, and then tap Next.
- Enter the problem description, and then tap Next.
- (Optional) Enter answers to the troubleshooting questions, and then tap Next.
- (Optional) Tap Add Attachment to include a photo or video that will be sent to the service provider.
- Review your name, phone number, and problem description, and then tap Next. The Confirm WO Information page appears.
- Review the listed information. Should you have the edit rights, you will see pencils so that you may change the Description, Category, Priority, NTE, Scheduled Date, and/or Provider, where needed.
- Tap Save This WO. The work order is saved to your audit, but it will not dispatch until you upload your audit.
How to Add a Quantity to the Checklist Item
- On the Audit page of the desired checklist item, tap Add Quantity.
- To specify the quantity of the item, enter a number in the text field. To enter the cost in dollars, tap Dollars and enter the dollar amount or cost.
- Tap Save. The Add Quantity button changes to Update Quantity button should you need to modify or remove the data.
When uploading an audit, all ratings, attachments, comments, work orders, and quantities are sent to Site Planning Manager - Reports in Service Automation for reporting purposes. You can only upload an audit once all checklist items are rated. You will see a warning when you attempt to upload an incomplete audit.
There are two ways to upload an audit: